Useful information and details about Kavos
Corfu Island has a hot-summer Mediterranean climate, which means typically hot and dry summers, and usually mild and wet winters. From May through September average daily temperature is over 20°C, while the rainfalls are very low. The months between November and March are the time of the year when the island receives heavy rainfalls, which makes Corfu one of the greenest places in the Mediterranean!
Sea and Swimming
The warm and sunny weather usually starts in Corfu in May and lasts until October. The hottest months are July and August. Already from May the sea water starts getting warm and it is very pleasant to go swimming, up until the end of October. Especially the sea of Kavos is very shallow, which makes it even warmer and an ideal option for families with children. July and August are the months when Kavos beach is at its busiest, but in May, September and October you are more likely to be able to enjoy the sea breeze in peace and quiet! Swimming in Kavos sea and the surrounding beaches is very safe, as long as the normal precautions are taken, of course.
Currency and Banks
Since the 1st of January 2000, Greece has adopted the Euro as its national currency. In Kavos you can find plenty of ATM machines of different Greek banks, where you can withdraw money 24/7. In the town of Lefkimmi you can also find branches of the National Bank of Greece and of Piraeus Bank, which are open from Monday to Friday from 8am to 2pm.
The electric current in Greece is 230V AC (50Hz). Appliances from North America require a transformer and British ones an adaptor. (source: www.eot.gr ).
Insects in Kavos are not dangerous but can be annoying, especially if you don't take the relevant precautions. Because of the hot climate in the summer, all around Greece in open air places you often find mosquitoes and other insects like flies and bees, and Kavos is no exception to that. Mosquito bites are harmless but certainly disturbing. Therefore, we recommend that before you leave home you take with you insect repellent, or you can easily find one in any convenience shop in Kavos, as well as insects sprays, etc. Avoid leaving open windows with lights switched on during the night, as they attract mosquitoes, while leaving food or drinks remains in your room/ balcony can also attract bees and flies, especially during the months of August and September.
Corfu Medical Services
At Corfu Medical Services we offer 24hour medical care,7days a week, all year round, from experienced, highly evalified staff, sowhatever your medical needs, we are here to help you. Should you require our services please do not hesitete to contact us
- by telephone: 0030 26620 61231, 0030 26620 61090, 0030 26620 61261, 0030 26620 61757, 0030 26620 61725, 0030 26620 61669
- by mobile: 0030 693 6490 , 0030 693 2665 280
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- by fax : 0030 26620 61232
- or just call in to one of our 5 surgeries in Kavos
- New Year’s Day: 1 January
- Epiphany: 6 January
- Clean Monday: 27 February
- Independence Day: 25 March
- Good Friday: 13 April
- Easter Sunday: 15 April
- Easter Monday: 16 April
- Labour Day: 1 May
- The unification of Corfu with Greece: 21 May
- Assumption of the Holy Spirit: 4 June
- Assumption of the Virgin Mary: 15 August
- Ochi Day: 28 October
- St Spyridon's day (Patron Saint): 12 December
Useful phone numbers
- Corfu General Hospital: 2661088200
- Corfu General Clinic: 2661022946/47
- Ambulance Services: 166
- Police: 100
- Lefkimmi Police Station: 2662022222
- Fire Brigade: 199
- Corfu Airport (Ioannis Kapodistrias): 2661089600
- Lefkimmi Port: 2662023277
- Local buses: 2661031595